“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
Did you have a wet basement with the quick thaw in the Northern Wisconsin area? You are probably thinking I dried the whole basement quickly with fans and dehumidifiers, way to go me!!! As that is great, lets think a bit further and now watch out for possible mold growth. Mold loves cool, dark, moist areas(basements) and when the contents of these areas may look dry there could be moisture still lurking which will come out eventually. At SERVPRO of Barron, Dunn & Rusk Counties we have technology that can detect moisture first to see if it needs to be dried out more. But if you are already past that point we have mold remediation technicians that know how to properly treat, remediate, and remove mold safely. Give us a call at 715-643-7171 if you find yourself in a moldy situation.
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (715) 643-7171
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (715) 643-7171
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Barron, Dunn & Rusk Counties is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2120 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: